Bronx, NY Property Accident Attorney
In New York, property owners have certain legal responsibilities to their guests, their customers and members of the general public. When they violate those responsibilities and people get injured as a result, they can be held accountable for their carelessness.
I am Daniel A. Kalish, a Brooklyn, Westchester County and Bronx premises liability attorney representing clients who have been injured in property-related accidents throughout the New York metro area. To schedule a free consultation about your case, contact my office today.
Handling All Types of Premises Liability Cases
Property owners have many distinct legal responsibilities. These responsibilities are complex and can change as new laws are passed, regulations are adopted, and courts resolve cases. I help clients pursue all types of property-related accidents claims, including the following:
- Sidewalk falls: In many cases, private property owners in New York City can be held responsible for failing to maintain their sidewalks and remove or warn against hazards.
- Potholes and sinkholes: If you have been injured in an accident caused by a pothole or sinkhole in a parking lot, you may have a claim against the property owner.
- Negligent security: Commercial property owners and residential landlords are expected to guard against known crime threats with the help of lighting, security and surveillance.
- Bar owner liability: Bar owners who serve intoxicated patrons, tolerate fights and allow customers to drive drunk can be held accountable for the consequences of their actions.
- School and day care negligence: Schools and day care centers are required to treat children with the same level of care that they would receive from their parents.
- Animal bites: If you have been bit by a dog or other animal, no matter where the incident took place, you may have a claim against the owner's property insurance.
- Elevator accidents: If you have been injured in an accident caused by a poorly maintained, designed or manufactured elevator, you may have a personal injury claim.
I am passionate about helping injured people get fairly compensated for their medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. If you need an experienced trial lawyer to help you pursue your premises liability claim, don't hesitate to contact me.