Brooklyn Work Injury Attorney
If you have been injured at work, the workers' compensation benefits you receive may not be enough to fully compensate you for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. However, you may be entitled to money damages from other sources.
I am Brooklyn, Westchester County and Bronx workplace accident attorney Daniel A. Kalish. Since 1986, I have helped New York accident victims and their families pursue maximum compensation for the harm done to them. For a free consultation about your case, contact me today.
Identifying All Possible Claims You May Have
You should never assume that workers' comp is your only possible source of compensation for a work injury. Instead, you should contact a lawyer right away to discuss your options. I frequently help clients pursue claims for work accidents such as the following:
- Construction accidents: General contractors and property owners can be held accountable in many cases for injuries suffered by workers on their construction sites.
- Scaffolding injuries: New York has special laws to protect workers from accidents caused by defective scaffolding and unsafe erection and use of scaffolds.
- Ladder falls: Workers who fall from ladders also have special protections under New York labor law and can pursue compensation when they get hurt in accidents.
- Forklift injuries: Forklifts are dangerous machines that must be designed, manufactured and operated carefully. If you have been injured in a forklift accident, I can help.
- Elevator accidents: If you have been injured in an elevator accident at work, you may have a claim against the property owner (if it is not your employer) or the manufacturer.
- Motor vehicle accidents: If you have been injured while driving for work, I can help you pursue the maximum compensation you are entitled to from all available sources.
- Machinery accidents: The companies that manufacture, install and maintain workplace machines can be held accountable for accidents caused by their negligence.
If you have been injured in any type of workplace accident, don't hesitate to contact my office to schedule an appointment. I have the experience to determine whether you have a personal injury claim and, if so, to aggressively pursue the results you deserve.